Our Commitment to Privacy
Revised as of March 8th, 2022
Atuka Inc. (“Atuka”, “us”, “we”, “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy. We believe that your online privacy is important and we want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose any personal information that individually identifies you.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information means any information about an identifiable individual. The types of personal information that we may collect include, but are not limited to, your:
- home number;
- business address;
- e-mail address;
- bank account details for payment purposes; and
- personal information you give us that we did not request (such as personal information you voluntarily put into an email to us, in a comments box on our Site or through your use of the Services).
Purposes for Collecting Your Personal Information
Atuka may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with our Services;
- to manage our relationship with you;
- to identify you in our system;
- to manage our business and operations;
- to market our Services to you;
- to pay you for goods or services;
- to respond to your questions that you send through the Site, by email, or by phone;
- if you have consented, to send you marketing e-mails related to our Services;
- to track communications with you;
- to improve the Site and help us develop new services, tools and features of the Site that meet your needs; and
- as otherwise permitted or required by law.
When Do We Collect Personal Information?
We may collect your personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us by using the Services. For example, we may ask you to provide personal information if you:
- send a question or comment to Atuka by email, phone or through our Site;
- communicate with Atuka representatives by phone or in-person;
- register to receive electronic communications; and
- otherwise voluntarily participate in features of our Site that ask for personal information.
We also collect your personal information through third parties and other publicly available sources, for example, through our business partners and other services.
Limiting Collection of Personal Information
Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information
Your personal information will not be used without your consent for purposes other than those for which it was collected or in accordance with applicable laws.
We retain your personal information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to comply with our legal obligations.
We may also use and disclose your personal information to third parties under the following limited circumstances:
- when necessary to protect the safety, property or other rights of Atuka, its representatives, and users of the Services, including to detect and protect against fraud;
- as needed, if such information is requested by law enforcement agencies that possess warrants or if we are requested to do so by law, regulation, court order, or by a government entity. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) cooperate in any legal investigation; or (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property. We may also disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with applicable law; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Atuka or our users and customers; or (d) protect Atuka’s property rights;
- if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party; and
- for any other purpose to which you consent. However, we will not sell your personal information to advertisers or other third parties.
Data Processors in Other Countries
To provide you with the Services, we may use service providers, data processors and other third parties (collectively, “Third Parties”) to perform services on our behalf. These Third Parties may store, process and transfer personal information on servers located outside of Canada in jurisdictions whose data protection laws may differ from those of Canada, which may include the United States of America. As a result, personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement agencies in those jurisdictions according to the laws in those jurisdictions. For example, information may be shared in response to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts and law enforcement officials in those countries. Subject to applicable laws in such other jurisdictions, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require our Third Parties to maintain protections on personal information which are equivalent to those that apply in Canada.
If you have questions regarding our policies and practices with respect to our use of Third Party service providers outside of Canada, including with respect to the collection, use, disclosure or storage of personal information by service providers outside of Canada for us or on our behalf, please contact us as set out below.
Links to Other Sites
Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Similar Technology
As you interact with the Services, we may use automatic data collection technology and services that record and collect information that identifies your computer, IP address, type of browser and operating system; tracks your use of the Site; and collects certain other information about you and your browsing habits on our Site. This data collection technology may include cookies, web beacons and other similar devices on the Site to enhance functionality and navigation for our visitors.
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on the hard drive of your device so that your device will “remember” information when you visit a site. Web beacons and tags are small strings of code that are used in conjunction with a cookie and allow us to record activity on our Site. Internet tags, graphic tags and similar web beacon type functions allow us to count the number of users who have visited a particular web page or to access certain cookies. We may use web beacons on the Site to count users and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. Being able to access our cookies allows us to personalize the Site and improve your experience on the Site. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted email messages that we send to determine which e mail messages were opened.
Information tracked through these mechanisms includes, but is not limited to: (i) your IP address; (ii) your e-mail address; (iii) the type of web browser and operating system being used; (iv) the pages of the Site a user visits; and (v) other sites a user visited before visiting the Site.
You can reject or disable cookies by managing your browser settings and following the directions provided in your Internet provider’s help file. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some customized features on the Site.
Our Site uses KoKo Analytics powered by ibericode BV (“KoKo”). KoKo is a privacy-friendly analytics service that does not use any external services, so data about visitors to our Site is never shared with any third-party company. Furthermore, no visitor specific data is collected and you can easily opt-out of tracking by enabling “Do Not Track” in your browser settings.
To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, Atuka employs adequate technological, physical and organizational security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access. Any personal information you provide to us is exchanged on a secure server. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
We also take reasonable steps to make Atuka’s employees, contractors and other representatives aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information so that unauthorized persons do not gain access to personal information that we have disposed of or destroyed.
Individual Access and Accuracy of Personal Information
You may request access to your personal information which we may hold by contacting us at the contact information set forth below, and we will respond within the time periods provided for under applicable laws. We will need to verify your identity before providing you with the personal information that we hold about you. There is no cost for such access request unless you require copies of records. We may not be able to provide you with access to your personal information if the information cannot be separated from the personal information of others, cannot be disclosed for reasons of security or commercial confidentiality, or is protected by legal privilege. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will advise you of the reasons as to why access is being denied, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
You may request to update and change your personal information at the contact information set forth below. We will endeavor to correct or complete any personal information which you advise us is inaccurate or incomplete.
Atuka only collects personal information from or relating to persons who indicate that they are of the age of majority in the province in which they reside (the “Age of Majority”). If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from or relating to a person who is under the Age of Majority (“Minors”), we will delete that information from our systems. If you are a Minor do not submit or post any information via the Site, and do not communicate any personal information to us. If a Minor has already provided us with personal information, its parent or guardian may contact us at the contact information set forth below for the purpose of deleting this information, and we will promptly delete such information.
How to Contact Us
- see your personal information that you have already sent us so that you can correct, update or
- delete it from our files;
- if your child under the Age of Majority has used the Site and sent us personal information, delete
- that personal information from our files;
- ask that we not send you electronic communications or otherwise contact you; or
Please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com and we will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible.